“Captain America’s” Chris Evans cast for post-apocalyptic “Snow Piercer”
Irish American star to take on movie set in new ice age
Irish American actor Chris Evans is in talks to star in “Snow Piercer” directed by Bong Joon-ho, the man responsible for “The Host”, Variety reports.
Joon-ho also worked on the script with Park Chan-work (director of “Oldboy”). The story is set in a post-apocalyptic snow-covered world and follows a train full of travelers who struggle to co-exist according to IMDB.
Firstshowing.net reports that the movie will be set in “some kind of new ice age”. They continue, “The train includes many survivors from all over the world and is divided up by economic classes, so people are fighting each other over that class struggle.”
Sounds a bit Mark Twain’s “Cannibalism in the Cars” to me!
More movie news from IrishCentral
As of yet we don’t know what role Evans will take on.
Evans can be seen next in Marvel’s upcoming “The Avengers”. Currently he’s filming an indie movie “The Ice Man” about the famous mob hit man Richard Kuklinski. He’s also just started in the drama “Puncture”.
Chan-wook just wrapped production on his domestic directorial debut "Stoker" with Mia Wasikowska, Nicole Kidman, and Matthew Goode.
Production is expected to start in March.
"Captain America" trailer:
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm