Busy tour schedule means One Direction star Niall Horan missed Uncle’s funeral
Uncle was a great runner and loved in Mullingar community
One Direction star Niall Horan was unable to take time out of his busy schedule to attend his uncle’s funeral.
The singer’s uncle, Seamus Horan passed away on Thursday, May 9, 2013 at Midland Regional Hospital in Niall’s hometown of Mullingar. The funeral was held on Sunday, May 12, 2013 in the Cathedral of Christ the King and many members of the community came to pay their respects.
Mullingar councillor Michael Dollard told the Evening Herald, “There was a great turnout at the funeral.”
He told reporters, “Seamus was in poor health for a few good years.” Dollard added, “He was the brother of Bobby- Niall’s father- and a great man.”
When he was in better health, Seamus was a sprinter. Dollard said, “He was a fantastic athlete. He was part of the Mullingar Harrier’s Athletic Club. He was a brilliant runner and a Labour man- he’ll definitely be missed.”
Seamus lived in the U.S. for twenty years and his daughter Katie still lives there.
British-Irish boy band One Direction is currently on tour. The group is touring in Europe and will travel to North America in the beginning of June.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas