Buckingham Palace confirms Kate Middleton is pregnant -- Top ten facts about the Royal couple
Prince William and Duchess of Cambridge expecting their first child
Kate Middleton (30) and her husband Prince William – the future king of England and his stunning wife, are expecting the first child together.
Rumours have been circulating for months that the couple, who married in a lavish Royal ceremony in April 29 2011, were expecting their first child.
On Monday a statement released by Buckingham Palace on the couple's official website read: "Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby.
"The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry and members of both families are delighted with the news.
"The Duchess was admitted this afternoon to King Edward VII Hospital in Central London with Hyperemesis Gravidarum [morning sickness]. As the pregnancy is in its very early stages, Her
Royal Highness is expected to stay in hospital for several days and will require a period of rest thereafter."
To celebrate the news, we have compiled some interesting facts about the Royal Couple.
1. Catherine Elizabeth Middleton was born at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading on January 9 1982.
2. William Arthur Philip Louis Windsor was born on June 21, 1982, the eldest son of Diana, Princess of Wales, and Charles, Prince of Wales.
3. The couple met while attending University at St. Andrews in Scotland.
4. They briefly split in April 2007.
5. On November 16, 2010, it was announced that Prince William and Kate Middleton were engaged.
6. They were married on April 29 2011, at Westminster Abbey.
7. Kate followed wedding tradition, and for "something blue" had a blue ribbon sewn into the interior of her dress.
8. After their wedding ceremony, Kate’s bouquet was placed on the Grave of the Unknown Warrior at Westminster Abbey.
9. Whenever the Duchess is photographed wearing high street fashion the garment quickly sells out.
10. The Royal couple's child will be the Queen's third great-grandchild and will be in line to become the heir to the throne.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...