Bono the busker as crowds flock to Dublin street to hear U2 star- VIDEO
U2 star joins Irish talent for Christmas busking in Dublin
Published Monday, December 26, 2011, 8:52 AM
Updated Friday, June 28, 2013, 11:12 PM
Photo by Google Images
He’s the most famous busker in the world and Bono is making a habit of it.
The U2 superstar could be found on Christmas Eve in Dublin’s Grafton Street singing his heart out along with Oscar-winning musician Glen Hansard, Mundy, Declan O'Rourke and Hothouse Flowers rocker Liam O'Maonlai.
Bono did the same thing last year which meant that crowds of people, warned in advance, were waiting for the superstar and his all-star entourage.
In fact, numbers got so high that police were forced to ask Bono and his band to move on as fears were expressed for crowd safety.
It was all in a good cause however, as all money collected was donated to charity.
Read More news from Ireland on IrishCentral
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...