Bono and family set to move to $15m penthouse in NYC
Fans thrilled as U2 star makes NYC home for a year
It's not enough that his band had a New York street named after them (well, for a short while!)
U2 fans are thrilled with the news that lead singer Bono and his family are set to move to New York this fall.
The family are expected to stay in a $15million penthouse at the exclusive San Remo for the year.
The invite list for Bono's Christmas party is set to become the "in" list for elite New Yorkers but one person who's bound to be on it already is New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
Bloomberg admitted this week that his best memory of Ireland is a six-and-a-half hour dinner with Bono and Penelope Cruz.
And he admitted that "Javier Bardem was there but I didn’t know who he was!"
Bloomberg, who gave a wide-ranging interview to IrishCentral.com this week says, Bono’s a great guy.
And, he revealed, the big-hearted rocker called Bloomberg's daughter Emma when he realized it was her birthday.
"It was his daughter’s birthday, and back in New York it was my oldest daughter’s birthday, so he grabbed my phone and talked to her."
The dinner took place at Bono's home in the exclusive Dublin suburb of Dalkey.
Bloomberg, who is a frequent visitor to Ireland, recently opened a Bloomberg News operation in Belfast.
This week he received the endorsement of Irish Voice newspaper for his upcoming bid for a third term as Mayor of New York
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...