Bleeding Dubliners (Dubs) speak a language all of their own
The strange and wonderful words that Dubliners use to explain the world
Dublin slang is a language all of its own -- and famous worldwide.
Here are some choice examples:
Bleeding – as in “She’s bleeding ugly, I’m bleeding hungry"—unnecessary word interjected every five sentences.
The Moth - The woman, the chick, the girlfriend, the significant other as in “me and the moth went to the flicks"—my significant other and I attended the movies.
I will in me bollix do it. – I won't under any circumstances do that.
Knackeragua — derogatory slang name for Tallaght a Dublin suburb
Skin and blister - The sister
Any chance of the ride? Er, would you be open to sexual intercourse?
Bleeding Culchie - Anyone not from Dublin
Floozy in the Jacuzzi - Statue of Molly Malone sculpted lying in a stream
It was animal craic. — It was great fun altogether.
I’m heading to the gaff – I’m going home
Any chance of a ride and a rasher? - A plea to stay overnight have intercourse and have breakfast made the next morning .
15 - 31 | See all comments
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm