Anne Hathaway found hosting the Oscars 'pure joy from beginning to end' - VIDEO & POLL
Although her performance with co-host James Franco at the Academy Awards was blasted, the ‘Love & Other Drugs’ actress revealed she loved the experience of working with him at the Hollywood bash.
She told chat show host Oprah Winfrey: "I had a blast. I kept waiting to become nervous. Everyone kept asking me, 'Are you nervous?’ The whole ride from beginning to end was joy, pure joy."
She added it was "fun to play off [James] with our two different energies."
While James did not appear on the talk show with Anne – citing a need to return to his university studies at Yale and NYU – Oprah praised the actress saying the “stars aligned” for her.
Oprah told Anne: "You were great. I think all the stars aligned for you in that moment last night," said Oprah. "It was like a big bang moment for your life and career."
Despite Oprah’s enthusiasm, not everyone was impressed, with BBC reporter Ben Sutherland blasting Anne and James for their lack of chemistry.
He said: "The pair failed to find the chemistry that would lead to their partnership being remembered as a success - or indeed to be remembered at all.
"At the heart of the problem was the lack of spark between the two. He came across as disinterested and she appeared to be over-excited."
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm