Andre 3000 heads to Ireland to shoot Jimi Hendrix biopic “All is By My Side”
Bio-pic mapping creation of Hendrix’s first album will be filmed over six weeks in Wicklow and Dublin - VIDEOS
Outkast rapper Andre 3000 is set to start filming a Jimi Hendrix biopic “All Is By My Side”, at the end of May, in Ireland.
According to the Irish Film and Television Network (IFTN) the movie will document Hendrix’s time spent in England, between 1966 and 1967. At this time he was working on his debut album, “Are You Experienced”.
The movie is now in pre-production in County Wicklow. The main photography will take place in Dublin and Wicklow over six weeks.
IFTN have reported that the movie will be filmed at Bray Head Hotel, the John Player Cigarette Factory (on the South Circular Road), in Bray town, in a number of nightclubs in Bray and Dun Laoghaire, and in Dublin’s city center.
The movie is written and directed by John Ridley, best known for “Three Kings” and “U-Turn”.
Andre 3000 is known around the world as half of the hip-hop duo Outkast. Known for his snappy sense of fashion, his worldwide hits included “Ms Jackson” and “Hey Ya”. Previously he has acted in the TV show “The Shield” and Guy Richie’s “Revolver”.
Here’s Jimi Hendrix’s “All along the watchtower” from 1970:
Here’s Andre 3000 in Outkast’s “Hey Ya”:
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra