‘Anchorman 2’ is a go! Ron Burgundy stops by Conan to make the big announcement
8 years after the original, the follow up comedy is given the green light
Ron Burgundy - or is it Will Ferrell? - stopped by Conan O’Brien’s TBS late-night talk show ‘Conan’ last night for a surprise announcement. Entering as only Ron Burgundy could - unannounced and playing the jazz flute - the audience was instantly enamored.
Will Ferrell was in full character as Ron Burgundy, the beloved anchor of San Diego’s Action 4 News Team. He teased out the announcement by bantering with Conan O’Brien and his co-host Andy Richter.
“Conan, you look awful,” said Ron Burgundy to Conan O’Brien, hoping to offer some “professional” and “kind” advice. His advice was met with a stifled laugh from O’Brien.
After teasing out the announcement for as long as he could, Burgundy finally made the announcement.
“It is official. There will be a sequel to Anchorman.” The news was much to the pleasure of not only the studio audience, but also to social media users who instantly made the story viral.
The much anticipated sequel comes 8 years after the release of “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy,” which grossed over $90 million in the box office.
Are you excited for the Anchorman sequel?
Check out the video of Will Ferrell as Ron Burgundy on Conan below!
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm