'American Idol' winner Lee DeWyze performs Irish song 'Falling Slowly' in New York - SEE VIDEO
The winner of this years 'American Idol" Lee Dewyze and runner-up Crystal Bowersocks surprised New Yorkers on Wednesday with an amazing duet performance of the song "Falling Slowly" from Irish movie "Once" based on Irish band The Frames.
Yours truly stood in the 90 degree heat to see America's top two favorites perform the song and they did a great job.
And they weren't alone.
Casey James and Big Mike Lynch also performed a duet and as Lee took to the stage again to perform Simon and Garfunkel's "The boxer" he was joined by the Top 10 finalists of this years "American Idol" including our own Siobhan Magnus who remained in the background but her super strong vocals could be heard from afar.
The top 10 are in New York doing publicity for their tour and at lunch they appeared in Herald Square outside Macy's on 34th Street to launch the new pretzel M&M.
Vendors on the street were giving out free M&M's while the Idols performed.
As they descended from the stage I got to see each of the 10 contestants - and their families- up close.
Big Mike's little baby - who was born just as he started on the show- was adorable and protected by his mamma.
Crystal's little guy was also there in the audience watching his mom perform on stage.
As Siobhan - from Cape Cod- descended from the giant M & M (the stage) she was slightly camera shy and seemed overwhelmed but the same can't be said for runners-up Aaron Kelly and Katie Stevens.
Both contestants- both still teenagers- were waving at the crowd and posing for photos.
It was a pleasure to be in their presence- even if I got a little sun-burnt in this New York heat.
We will be following the Idol's progress as they tour the country for the next three months.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm