Alec Baldwin joins a new kind of ‘Rock’
Emmy award winning actor is on the set filming “Rock of Ages”
After five seasons of his white-collared role in NBC’s “30-Rock,” Alec Baldwin’s fans will travel back in time, as he will star in the film adaptation of the Broadway musical “Rock of Ages”.
Director Adam Shankman tweeted a photo showing Baldwin dressed as the bar owner and a has-been rocker Dennis Dupree, next to co-star Russell Brand.
“Rock of Ages” is set in 1987 on the Sunset Strip, where a small town girl Sherrie meets a big city rocker at the Bourbon Room, L.A.’s most famous rock club. With the film set in the 1980s, the all-denim, hair metal rocker outfits are a bit distant to the tailored suits used in his role as NBC executive Jack Donaghy in “30 Rock.”
The “It’s Complicated” actor almost did not make it to production citing a mystery medical condition back in early May, but re-joined Russell Brand, Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Mila Ackerman by the time the cast began filming on May 23.
The star also recently joined the Twitter phenomenon and tweeted Tuesday, “On the set with the one and only Russell Brand….” during the “Rock of Ages” production.
Baldwin has announced that he is contemplating an exit from NBC sitcom after his contract expires next season and will return to the big screen with the Broadway musical adaptation, among other films.
The film is slated for a June 2012 release and features an on-going list of some of Hollywood’s funniest—with Baldwin and Brand taking the front seat.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...