Anti-Catholic '2012' is a disaster movie in every sense
- Niall O'Dowd / '2012' is anti-Catholic / Click here
- Video / Watch the ‘2012’ trailer / Click here
- Story / '2012' star John Cusak proud to be Chicago Irish / Click here
John Cusack may have sabotaged the rest of his flailing career by appearing in "2012" this dog from director Roland Emmerich.
Whatever the box office says the Irish American actor has descended to the lowest plane of his career in the type of movie that makes the "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes," an Oscar-winning proposition.
Instead of tomatoes we have sun demons, huge fireballs that catapult to earth and destroy all the living and the undead (which is pretty much everyone) in a movie which has as much suspense as "Daddy Day Care."
John Cusack is the "Daddy Day Care" figure at the beginning of this movie, driving his daughter to his ex-wife's when the world suddenly starts to end.
It turns out that the plot is based on an entire fiction -- an alleged Mayan prediction that the end of days will be December 21 2012.
There is no such prediction but facts aren't stubborn things in this movie, directed by Emmerich who has made a substantial living trying to scare the daylights out of everyone. It is "Godzilla," meets "Independence Day" meets "Day after Tomorrow," which not coincidentally, are three other movies Emmerich has directed.
All feature massive special effects, minimal acting and paper-thin characters who basically run screaming and hollering as disasters happen all around them. Most prominent of course is the destruction of American and Catholic icons, you don't need to be a genius to figure out where this German director is coming from.
Just as the world is about to end Cusack discovers that the Chinese government have known this all along and have built a Noah's ark somewhere in the Himalayas to bring everyone to safety.
No problem. Emmerich is a huge devotee of Marx, according to the Guardian newspaper so the fact that the red Chinese are our saviors should be no surprise. The bad American government of course, at the beginning of the movie, lie and distort the fact that the world is about to end.
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- British emigrant group calls on government...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Sex addiction on the rise says Dublin Clinic...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'