20 years of Irish movies celebrated, from “Intermission” to “Story of Kells” (VIDEOS)
Ireland’s movies and their stars celebrated from Gabriel Byrne to Domhnall Gleeson and Charlene McKenna
To celebrate Ireland’s Culture Night Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board (IFB) and Irish musicians the Heathers have launched a trailer celebrating 20 years of Irish stories on film.
The 90-second clip from IFB-funded films over the past 20 years starring Gabriel Byrne, Colin Farrell, Fionnula Flanagan, Brendan Gleeson, Domhnall Gleeson, Charlene McKenna, Cillian Murphy, Liam Neeson, Saoirse Ronan, Robert Sheehan, Pat Shortt, and many more.
The beautifully cut clip really reminds you of how many great Irish movies have been released over the years.
We put together the trailers for just some of the top movies released in Ireland over the past 20 years.
What other movies would be on your favorites list?
“The Magdalene Sisters”
“Song for a Raggy Boy”
“I Went Down”
“The Wind that Shakes the Barley”
“Adam and Paul”
“The Secret of Kells”
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Ireland wins top spot on Forbes’ Best Countries
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin