‘Prometheus’ star Michael Fassbender signs on for comic book adaptation ‘Assassin's Creed’
Mind bending time-traveling flick another new direction
Michael Fassbenderis Hollywood's go-to star for just about any kind of film now that his range has dazzled the studio big wigs, which is why his next big film is another big step into the unknown.
According to the Belfast Telegraph the Irish star is set to appear in a big screen video game adaptation.
The thirtysomething actor will appear and co-produce in Assassin's Creed, playing a man whoo discovers his ancestors were highly-trained killers after he is kidnapped and transported back in time.
'Michael Fassbender was our first choice,' Jean-Julien Baronnet the CEO of Ubisoft Motion Pictures told Variety this week. 'Michael is an extremely smart, talented, versatile and committed actor.'
Assassin's Creed video games have sold over 30 million copies. Some of the games have been set during the Crusades and Renaissance and the upcoming release takes place during the American Revolution.
Details about the character Fassbender will play are a closely guarded secret, as is who will direct the film and the release date.
Fassbender has proved he can tackle any role. He's played a superhero in X-Men: First Class, he's played an unsettling but strangely funny android in Prometheus and he's won critical plaudits for his astonishing turns in Hunger and Shame.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.