Jon Stewart mocks Glenn Beck’s idea of freedom, deems it a “marxist utopia” - VIDEO
America's five-alarm conspiracy nut gets another epic dressing down
The man who did more than anyone to end Glenn Beck's black night of paranoia at Fox News hasn't quite finished with him yet. Jon Stewart of Comedy Central's The Daily Show is back taking comical pot shots at America's most five-alarm conspiracy nut.
After the comfortable re-election of President Barack Obama, Glenn Beck has been advising his somewhat diminished audience to buy farms, pull their kids out of school and start their own militias.
Read More: Comedy Central’s Jon Stewart mocks Bill O’Reilly’s view on “Traditional America” - VIDEO
'May I highly suggest you get grandfathered into the Second Amendment today and don't forget the ammunition,' he told listeners to his web based radio show.
According to the Huffington Post, Beck, whose German ancestry left him open to charges that he's being inspired by Hitler, has expressed sympathy with conservatives who want to secede from the union.
The brave new future envisioned by the my-way-or-the-freedom-highway pundit comes super-gated (with freedom) communities. There'll be no welcome there for liberals, Democratic voting minorities, or progressives, of course.
Read More: Saved by Jackie Onassis Kennedy Grand Central celebrates 100 years
Just don't call this libertarian intentional community a hippie commune.
But critics claim Beck’s exclusively independent community sounds at turns more Marxist and Hitlerian than anything recognizably American.
In the following clips, Stewart skewers Beck's freedom town plans and reveals they're more the stuff of nightmares than dreams.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm