Inside ‘Irish’ Micky Ward’ 'The Fighter's' gym - SEE VIDEO
On Sunday night the Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale "The Fighter" is up for seven Oscar nominations, including best supporting actor and actress, director, editing and screenplay.
The story of an underdog boxer from Lowell, Massachusetts, “Irish” Micky Ward, the film has been a critical and commercial success both in the U.S. and countries around the world.
NECN took a camera crew behind the scene at the real-life gym of the working class hero Ward where much of the movie was actually filmed.
The owner of the gym, Art Ramalho, said that the since the movie came out "a lot of young kids are starting to come down" to the West End Gym.
He said, "It was wonderful to meet all the actors. They were down to earth people, and it meant a lot to the city of Lowell I think, too."
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm