First look at "Harry Potter’s" Alan Rickman as Ronald Reagan in "The Butler"
New film chronicles the life of 34-year employee of White House
Alan Rickman is making the jump from fantasy to real-life in his newest role as the late President Ronald Reagan for the film ‘The Butler.’
While many may know Rickman as the raven-haired Severus Snape in the ‘Harry Potter’ franchise, he is nearly a dead-ringer for President Reagan in the new film.
‘The Butler,’ directed by Lee Daniels, tells the story of White House butler Cecil Gaines, who is played by Forest Whitaker. For 34 years, Gaines worked as a butler at the White House, spanning eight different presidencies.
In the film, Gaines’ wife will be portrayed by none other than Oprah Winfrey.
Rickman will be joining a stellar cast for the new project - Robin Williams as Dwight D. Eisenhower, John Cusack as Richard Nixon, James Marsden as John F Kennedy and Liev Schreiber as Lyndon B Johnson.
And the First Ladies? Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan, Minka Kelly as Jackie Kennedy and Melissa Leo as Mamie Eisenhower.
Cuba Gooding Jr, David Oeylowo, Lenny Kravitz, Terrence Howard, and Alex Pettyfer will also be making appearances in this star-studded film.
What do you think - does Rickman make a good Reagan?
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Bono, Gerry Adams, President Higgins all...