Roz Purcell is one of Ireland’s most successful models and was the 2010 winner of Miss Universe Ireland. She now adds celebrity chef to her resume with her cooking blog, Natural Born Feeder.
Coconut Caramel Half Moons
- 200g Desiccated Coconut
- 1 tsp. maple
- 2 tsbp. Coconut oil
- 12 soft dates-soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter (almond and cashew butter work here also)
- 5 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. nut milk (almond milk etc.)
- pinch of sea salt
- 70g dark chocolate melted
- 1 tbsp. desiccated coconut for garnish
- In a food processor, blend the desiccated coconut until smooth, add in the coconut oil and maple and blend once more until a smooth paste is formed. You may need to scrap down the sides of the food processor a few times to achieve this- patience
- Press this mix into a muffin tin about 1.5” in height.
- Place in the freezer while you make the caramel topping.
- In a food processor, add the drained dates (after soaking), along with the rest of the caramel ingredients and blend until smooth with no trace of dates.
- Spoon this mix over the coconut and smooth over the top to make it even.
- Place back in the freezer for 2-3 hours until they are completely hard, once rock solid using a sharp knife to cute each “cookie” in half.
- Dip into the melted chocolate and sprinkle with some coconut.
- Place back in the freezer to set.
- Store in freezer for up to 12 days.