Visit our special St. Patrick's Day section
Here’s a great Irish American twist on a traditional meal from the auld sod. It’s certainly a different way of preparing corned beef and cabbage -- and as pasta is the most eaten meal in Ireland these days it seems only fitting.
Here’s the recipe -
8 ounces pasta
1 head cabbage, cut into pieces
1 small onion, chopped
1 (12 ounce) can corned beef, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos
1 tablespoon mustard
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/4 cup diced cheddar cheese
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hrs
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Fill a large pot and bring water to boil.
3. Add pasta and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add cabbage and cook 5 minutes longer.
5. Take off heat and drain well.
6. Stir in onion, corned beef, undiluted soup, milk, pimiento, mustard, pepper and diced cheese.
7. Mix well.
8. Spread mixture evenly in casserole dish.
9. Put bread crumbs and cheese over the top.
10. Bake uncovered for 60 minutes, or until hot.
Log in with your social accounts:
Or, log in with your IrishCentral account:
Don't have an account yet? Register now !
Join IrishCentral with your social accounts:
Already have an account ? Log in
Or, sign up for an IrishCentral account below:
Make sure we gathered the correct information from you
You already have an account on IrishCentral! Please confirm you're the owner.
Our new policy requires our users to save a first and last name. Please update your account: