This recipe is the perfect winter-warmer. A hot whiskey is a traditional 'cure-all' for those seasonal sniffles. It’s also a delicious digestif or a night cap (drink before bed).
A good Irish whiskey. (Jameson or Powers is ideal)
A heat proof glass
2 teaspoons sugar
Slice of lemon
Prep Time: 5 minutes
1. Fill a kettle to boil hot water.
2. Place a metal spoon in a glass (will prevent glass from breaking) into the glass to pre-heat it, before emptying it out
3. Cut a slice of lemon, remove the pips and stick some cloves into the fruit.
4. Put a teaspoon of sugar into the glass followed by a shot of Irish whiskey. Give the whiskey and sugar mixture a bit of a stir and try to dissolve the lumps.
5. Add boiling water and then stir.
6. Add the lemon and additional cloves (if desired) to the mix.
7. Wrap a wee napkin around the glass, so you don’t scald yourself.
Video of teens singing Adele’s “Hello” in Irish goes viral (VIDEOS)