Fans of Ron Burgundy rejoiced on Wednesday night, when Will Ferrell made the long anticipated announcement of an “Anchorman” sequel.
A proud Irish American, in 2008 the Hollywood comedian was presented with the James Joyce award for comedy by University College Dublin.
Speaking to IrishCentral in 2010, Ferrell recalled one of his funniest memories from his time in Ireland.
“We were up in Derry which was so cool to see; I’d never been to Northern Ireland before. So I was standing on the street there waiting to cross at the lights when I noticed a driver was staring at me. I wondered if I'd done something wrong and he rolls down his window and shouts: 'Hi, Will Ferrell?' And I say yeah and he shouts: ‘What the f--k are you doing here?’ like he was mad at me. He couldn't believe what he was seeing.”
Here are our top ten Anchorman quote:
1. Ron Burgundy: I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.
2. Ron Burgundy: And I'm Ron Burgundy. Go fuck yourself, San Diego.
3. Veronica Corningstone: I told you that I wanted to be an anchor...
Ron Burgundy: I thought you were kidding. I thought it was a joke. I even wrote it down in my diary - Veronica had a very funny joke today. I laughed about it later that night.
4. Ron Burgundy: I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...
5. Brick Tamland: I love...carpet. I love...desk.
Ron Burgundy: Brick, are you just looking at things in the office and saying that you love them?
Brick Tamland: I love lamp.
6. Ron Burgundy: Last time I looked in the dictionary, my name's Ron Burgundy. What's your name?
7. Veronica Corningstone: Take me to Pleasure Town.
Ron Burgundy: Oh, we're going there.
8. Ron Burgundy: Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.
9. Ron Burgundy: For just one night let's not be Co-workers. Let's be Co-people.
10. Ron Burgundy: Sweet Lincoln's mullet.
Ron Burgundy's "Anchorman" Announcement - CONAN on TBS:
Log in with your social accounts:
Or, log in with your IrishCentral account:
Don't have an account yet? Register now !
Join IrishCentral with your social accounts:
Already have an account ? Log in
Or, sign up for an IrishCentral account below:
Make sure we gathered the correct information from you
You already have an account on IrishCentral! Please confirm you're the owner.
Our new policy requires our users to save a first and last name. Please update your account: