Few things compare to the wisdom an Irish Mammy can offer. Created by Cork comedian Colm O’Regan, @Irishmammies Twitter account offers a daily dose of tips from an Irish mother. With over 56,000 followers, it seems there are countless people out there interested in what an Irish mammy has to say.
O’Regan also has a book on the way on the topic, “Isn’t It Well For Ye – The Book Of Irish Mammies.”
Considering not everyone in the world is fortunate enough to have an Irish Mammy, here are some of the best one liners from O’Regan’s Twitter account.
1. We can’t have you going out the door looking like that. Give it here to me and I’ll put a stitch in it.
2. They’re saying now it could stay dry until the middle of next WEEK! We won’t KNOW ourselves.
3. Who didn’t wipe their feet on the way in?
4. The nights are drawing in.
5. They’ll be soaked. And I told them to bring an umbrella but you might as well be talking to the wall.
6. We should have sent Katie in to talk to the IMF that time. There’d have been no messing.
7. I’d better take the phone off the hook before Katie comes on and I normally only do that for Coronation Street.
8. You’ll get another year out of those trousers. Give them over to me and I’ll take the turn-ups out of them.
9. You look a bit pale. Would you not stay in and give the gallivanting a rest for one night?
10. Is that the latest thing now? Twas far away from Fifty Shades of Grey ye were all reared.
What’s the best nugget of wisdom you have ever got from your Irish mammy?
Log in with your social accounts:
Or, log in with your IrishCentral account:
Don't have an account yet? Register now !
Join IrishCentral with your social accounts:
Already have an account ? Log in
Or, sign up for an IrishCentral account below:
Make sure we gathered the correct information from you
You already have an account on IrishCentral! Please confirm you're the owner.
Our new policy requires our users to save a first and last name. Please update your account: