Susan Boyle isn’t dreaming a dream anymore – she’s living it.
The Scottish star’s debut album “I Dreamed A Dream” has broken records, and was just named Amazon Music’s largest global CD pre-order in history.
“We were excited when Susan Boyle’s album became the top CD pre-order in the U.S. We’re absolutely ecstatic now that the album has become our largest global CD pre-order,” said Craig Pape, senior manager of Music at Amazon.com. “Looking at the rest of our global Top 5, you see titles that resonated in their local markets. Susan’s album is clearly capturing the hearts of our customers around the globe.”
“One of the things that is so unique about Susan Boyle is her ability to touch people around the world,” said Steve Barnett, Columbia Records Chairman. “We’re excited that ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ holds the new record for global pre-orders and that Amazon’s customers have supported her album in this way.”
Here’s the list of the top five CD pre-orders of all time for Amazon, along with their top-selling country:
1. Susan Boyle, “I Dreamed a Dream” (2009), U.S.
2. Mr. Children, “Supermarket Fantasy” (2008), Japan
3. Ken Hirai, “Ken Hirai 10th Anniversary Complete Single Collection, ‘95-‘05” (2005), Japan
4. Norah Jones, “Not Too Late” (2007), U.S.
5. Take That, “Never Forget: The Ultimate Collection” (2008), U.K.
The “Britain’s Got Talent” star’s first album “I Dreamed A Dream” will be released from Sony Music on Monday, November 23, and is currently available for pre-order for $9.99.