A recent survey has found that Thursday is the best day for Irish people to look online for a date.
The poll, commissioned by Domino’s Pizza and conducted by Fly Research, showed a 400 percent jump in the use of dating apps on Thursdays compared with other days of the week. The survey revealed that one in four first dates in Ireland begin online, the Irish Mirror reports.
Of the 1,000 polled, a third said they would rather meet someone online before meeting them in real life, and more than half would research their new potential date on Google or Facebook. Respondents also believed in keeping it casual, with a drink, mini-golf, or a picnic.
A great opening chat-up line is the key to success according to half of the respondents, reports the Irish Times.
So if you’re looking for love come Thursday, you might want to try out a few of Ireland’s favorite pick up lines:
1. Hi, I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?
2. People call me John but you can call me anytime.
3. So how about I cook dinner, you do breakfast?
4. Excuse me, I think you have something in your eye? Oh wait it’s just sparkle.
5. I’m not a photographer but I can picture you and I together.
6. Did it hurt? When you fell from Heaven?
7. Wow is it hot today or is it just you?
8. I bet you €20 you won’t write back.
9. Do you have any raisins? No? How about a date?
10. Excuse me, I think I dropped something. My jaw!