Earlier today, Mashable.com posted a brilliant article called 'The 13 Weirdest Interview Questions You'll Hear in 2014'. The list lives up to its title. We at IrishCentral decided we'd do our best to answer them. We're pretty pleased with our answers and we can't see how anyone wouldn't hire us.
1. “Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer?” - Dell
To be honest, I'm neither. I just walk to the nearest fast food joint like anyother human in 2014.
2. “What is your least favorite thing about humanity?” - ZocDoc
3. “If you could throw a parade of any caliber through the Zappos office, what type of parade would it be?” - Zappos
C'mon. Really? What do you think? Here's a hint, it's in March.
4. “How many square feet of pizza are eaten in the U.S. each year?” - Goldman Sachs
5. “It’s Thursday; we’re staffing you on a telecommunications project in Calgary, Canada, on Monday. Your flight and hotel are booked; your visa is ready. What are the top five things you do before you leave?” - ThoughtWorks
Wait. It's Thursday?
6. “Have you ever been on a boat?” - Applied Systems
My uncle’s a fisherman, so I feel very comfortable and natural on them.
7. “Describe to me the process and benefits of wearing a seatbelt.” - Active Network
Ha! Don't need one. I've got a horse outside.
8. “How does the Internet work?” - Akamai
It's a box with a blinking red light. It works so long as you don't drop it or venture too far off.
9. “If you were a pizza delivery man, how would you benefit from scissors?” - Apple
It would help me get tips.
10. “Why is a tennis ball fuzzy?” - Xerox
Technically, tradition and also more control. It's the smell that we can't figure out.
11. "Can you instruct someone how to make an origami 'cootie catcher' with just words?” - LivingSocial
Yeah. Look it's so easy even the French can make it. (Which explains why kids make them, or used to. Now there's an app for that).
12. “How honest are you?” - Allied Telesis
13. “If you were on an island and could only bring three things, what would you bring?” - Yahoo
I'd only need two things. Sun screen and whatever this thing is.
Log in with your social accounts:
Or, log in with your IrishCentral account:
Don't have an account yet? Register now !
Join IrishCentral with your social accounts:
Already have an account ? Log in
Or, sign up for an IrishCentral account below:
Make sure we gathered the correct information from you
You already have an account on IrishCentral! Please confirm you're the owner.
Our new policy requires our users to save a first and last name. Please update your account: