Immigration Q&A: Part two: Naturalization questions and answers
86. What major event happened on September 11, 2001, in the U.S.?
87. Name one American Indian tribe in the U.S.
88. Name one of the two longest rivers in the U.S.
89. What ocean is on the West Coast of the U.S.?
90. What ocean is on the East Coast of the U.S.?
91. Name one U.S. territory.
92. Name one state that borders Canada.
93. Name one state that borders Mexico.
94. What is the capital of the U.S.?
95. Where is the Statue of Liberty?
96. Why does the flag have 13 stripes?
97. Why does the flag have 50 stars?
98. What is the name of the national anthem?
99. When do we celebrate Independence Day?
100. Name two national U.S. holidays.
51. Freedom of expression; freedom of speech; freedom of assembly; freedom to petition the government; freedom of worship; the right to bear arms
52. The United States; the flag
53. Give up loyalty to other countries; defend the Constitution and laws of the U.S.; obey the laws of the U.S.; serve in the U.S. military (if needed); serve (do important work for) the nation (if needed); be loyal to the U.S.
54. 18 and older
55. Vote; join a political party; help with a campaign; join a civic group; join a community group; give an elected official your opinion on an issue; call senators and representatives; publicly support or oppose an issue or policy; run for office; write to a newspaper
56. April 15
57. At age 18; between 18 and 26
58. Freedom; political liberty; religious freedom; economic opportunity; practice their religion; escape persecution
59. American Indians; native Indians
60. Africans; people from Africa
61. Because of high taxes (taxation without representation); because the British Army stayed in their houses (boarding, quartering); because they didn’t have self-government
62. Thomas Jefferson
63. July 4, 1776