Immigration Q&A: Part two: Naturalization questions and answers
Following is the last of our annual two-part summer feature on the 100 questions U.S. naturalization candidates can be asked during a citizenship interview, as provided by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. Here are the last 50, with acceptable answers. For more information on naturalization, visit www.uscis.gov.
51. What are two rights of everyone living in the United States?
52. What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance?
53. What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?
54. How old do citizens have to be to vote for president?
55. What are two ways that Americans can participate in their democracy?
56. When is the last day you can send in federal income tax forms?
57. When must all men register for the Selective Service?
58. What is one reason colonists came to America?
59. Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived?
60. What group of people was taken to America and sold as slaves?
61. Why did the colonists fight the British?
62. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
63. When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?
64. There were 13 original states. Name three.
65. What happened at the Constitutional Convention?
66. When was the Constitution written?
67. The Federalist Papers supported the passage of the U.S. Constitution. Name one of the writers.
68. What is one thing Benjamin Franklin is famous for?
69. Who is the “Father of Our Country”?
70. Who was the first President?
71. What territory did the U.S. buy from France in 1803?
72. Name one war fought by the U.S. in the 1800s.
73. Name the U.S. war between the north and the south.
74. Name one problem that led to the Civil War.
75. What was one important thing that Abraham Lincoln did?
76. What did the Emancipation Proclamation do?
77. What did Susan B. Anthony do?
78. Name one war fought by the U.S. in the 1900s.
79. Who wasp during World War I?
80. Who was president during the Great Depression and World War II?
81. Who did the U.S. fight in World War II?
82. Before he was president, Eisenhower was a general. What war was he in?
83. During the Cold War, what was the main concern of the U.S.?
84. What movement tried to end racial discrimination?
85. What did Martin Luther King, Jr. do?
86. What major event happened on September 11, 2001, in the U.S.?
87. Name one American Indian tribe in the U.S.
88. Name one of the two longest rivers in the U.S.
89. What ocean is on the West Coast of the U.S.?
90. What ocean is on the East Coast of the U.S.?
91. Name one U.S. territory.
92. Name one state that borders Canada.