Meditation, not medication, key to help Irish overcome depression
A new way for Irish people to cope with negative emotions
2. The kidneys are influenced negatively by the emotion of fear and are stimulated by the virtuous quality of gentleness and stillness
3. The liver is influenced by the negative emotion of anger and aggression and can be replaced by the qualities of kindness and generosity
4. The heart is negatively influenced by hatred hastiness and cruelty where as the positive quality for this organ is the virtue of love joy and happiness
5. The organ of the spleen is destructively influenced by worry and yet the qualities of openness and fairness can be a constructive in replacing this negative emotion.
- Sit or lay down for a few moments and breathe slowly in through the nose and out through the nose as this will help you relax.
- Focusing on your breathing takes your mind away from what you are thinking.
- Wen you feel relaxed connect to the specific emotion for eg:- grief, depression and sadness in the lungs by leaving your hands on both your lungs and as you breath in slowly breath in a calming, peaceful, content feeling and hold that feeling for a little while in your chest area, then as you exhale feel the courage to let go the depression and grief out of the lungs.
Now you are connecting to the negative emotion and replacing it with positive emotion and this in turn has a direct affect on the type of neurohormone that is secreted from your hypothalamus which in turn will make you feel much better.
You can apply this approach to transform any of the above negative emotions and eventually you will see a beneficial effect and be more in control.
Your aim is to make the positive emotion the predominant one not allowing yourself to become negative and depressed.
Practice this as often as you can, make it a part of your health-care program.
Add good diet and regular exercise.
Learn to practice chi-kung (Active meditative Techniques)
We have to expand our consciousness as human beings if we are to evolve out of our present state of fear, anxiety or depression because the approach that presently is been taken is not yielding success. People need to be educated not medicated.