Welcome to Irish America magazine's new home on the web. Founded in 1985 by Niall O'Dowd and Patricia Harty, Irish America continues to be the bestselling Irish magazine in the U.S. TO SUBSCRIBE: 1-800-582-6642
For Irish America's media kit, please click here.
December 2009/January 2010
Our cover storyThe Global Irishman
Liam Casey reinvents the way the world does business with China.
By Chris Ryan.
Click here to read Patricia Harty's blog on IrishCentral.com.
Other stories from our latest issue:
- The First Word by Patricia Harty
A Ribbon of Green.
- Made from WTC steel, the USS New York is a ship of remembrance
Aliah O'Neill talks to Lt. Erin Millea who is serving aboard the recently commissioned USS New York.
- Irish Eye on Hollywood
Tom Deignan with the latest Irish happenings in tinseltown.
- Patrick Farrell wins 2009 Pulitzer Prize
Kara Rota interviews Miami Herald photographer Patrick Farrell.
- Colum McCann wins 2009 National Book Award for Fiction
By Anne Thompson & Kara Rota
- A Celtic Cross is placed at Bunker Hill to remember the Irish buried there
By Ed Callahan and Dan Casey
- The Global Irishman: Liam Casey's borderless world
Liam Casey is reinventing the way the world does business with China. Story by Chris Ryan.
- Going Green: Irish America Honors Environmental Executives
Irish Americans who are leading the way in environmental responsibility. Compiled by Kara Rota.
- Living Green with Ed Begley Jr.
Actor and environmental activist Ed Begley Jr. talks to Kara Rota.
- Brian Keenan - A journey beyond imagination
Brian Keenan talks to Patricia Harty about his new book and how his time as a hostage affected his life.
- The Mission of Our Lady of the Rosary for the Protection of Irish Immigrant Girls
Young Irish girls arriving in New York in the 1800s found a home at the Mission of Our Ladyof the Rosary. Story by Maureen Murphy
- Kenneth Montgomery - The Maestro
Belfast-born conductor Kenneth Montgomery meets up with Patricia Harty at the Santa Fe Opera.
- Sláinte: A Winter's Tale
By Edythe Preet
- Roots: The Vigilant Casey Clan
Tara Dougherty examines the surname belonging to Irish America's Business 100 Keynote Speaker, Liam Casey
- Book Reviews - A selection of recently published books of Irish and Irish-American interest
- Reunion: The Moran Clan Reunites for a Day in Brooklyn.
By Marian Betancourt.
Selections from Irish America:
- October/November 2010
- August/September 2010
- June/July 2010
- April/May 2010
- February/March 2010
- December 2009/January 2010
- October/November 2009
- August/September 2009
- June/July 2009