Business 100 Green Initiatives
Anne Sweeney, Co-Chairman
Disney has taken initiatives to improve its environmental impact as well as inspire children to think about environmental stewardship. Trains at Disneyland now run on biodiesel made from cooking oil from its own restaurants, and Disney has set the goals of zero waste and zero net direct GHG emissions from fuels over the next 5 years.
In addition, they have created Project Green and Planet Challenge, two programs that provide incentives for young people to get involved in environmentalism through competitions and school projects.
Domino Foods Inc.
Brian O’Malley, President and CEO,
According to Brian O’Malley, President and CEO, Domino is the only company to provide carbon neutral sugar products through a combination of eco-friendly farming and renewable energy. This sugar was recently launched as Domino CarbonFree Sugar and certified by Carbonfund.org.
John Donahoe, President
The eBay Green Team encourages sustainable commerce, such as re-using materials, promoting green business practices, promoting environmental legislation, and volunteering. EBay has worked with USPS to create more environmentally-friendly packaging, with the overall goals of reducing GHG emissions by 15% by 2012 over 2008 emissions. In addition, PayPal’s headquarters has a solar installation that takes 18% of their energy used off the grid completely.
Ebay prides itself on promoting sustainability through commerce: sales of used laptop computers in 2007 reduced 69,000 tons of GHG, the equivalent of saving 467 acres of forest.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...